Sunday, June 8, 2008

well hello

So, this is my third attempt at a blog-that-is-not-Livejournal. The first two were...rather sad. I managed to post once in each, didn't tell anyone about them, and then promptly forgot. I hope to do better this time. So welcome, feel free to read and join in the conversation.

Oh, the title of the blog? The magnolia isn't actually referring to ME. I am not trying to channel any sort of "Steel Magnolia" or "delicate flower" vibe here. The magnolia is actually a tree. Really. I can see it right out my window. I hope it isn't dead from transplant shock, actually.

I suppose I could say a bunch of stuff about myself here--I always hate it when I find a new blog, and have to jump in without an introduction to the author. Then again, I will be very surprised if anyone reads this who doesn't already know me. Well, here are some basics. I'm a professor at a small school in a small "city" (feels more like a small town, with all the good and bad of small-town America) in Wisconsin. I am married, with 1.9 kids--my family is totally rad, and I will talk about them, but I really don't want to be a "mommy-blogger". I feel very strongly that my identity is more than that of mother, and I feel strongly that if that were not true, I would actually be doing a disservice to my kids. I like all sorts of things, which hopefully I'll write about in interesting entries, instead of in this intro. Oh, and I am pretty nervous that this blog is going to suck, and I hope it doesn't.

1 comment:

dharmagirl said...

hooray! you're in the blogosphere, or blogoverse, or some such "hokey," (not hokie) name:) i can't wait to read more. and, i love the blog title. it's perfect!